13th Dec 2022
2023 Jewelry Trends To Look Out For
When it comes to fashion, no two women are exactly alike. While one might prefer to stick with classic styles, another may enjoy experimenting with the latest trends. Regardless of which camp you fall into, one thing is always certain: jewelry is a key piece of any outfit.
If you're a fashion-savvy woman, that likely includes keeping up with the latest jewelry trends too. Whether you're looking for something sparkly and glamorous or simple and understated, there are plenty of current jewelry trends to choose from. So what’s hot right now? Keep reading for some inspiration!
How To Layer Your Jewelry Like A Pro
Layering your jewelry is a great way to add some dimension and interest to your outfit and make a statement. But if you've never done it before, it can be a bit tricky to know where to start. Never fear! We're here to help you layer like a pro with our top tips.
Choose Your Pieces Carefully
When you're layering jewelry, it's important to choose pieces that complement each other without being too “matchy-matchy.” That doesn't mean they have to be identical, but they should share a common theme or vibe. For example, if you're layering bracelets, you might choose ones that are all gold or all silver. Or, if you want to mix metals, you could choose one gold bracelet and one silver bracelet.
Another thing to keep in mind when choosing your pieces is the overall look you're going for. Do you want something minimalist? Or are you going for a maximalist look? If you're not sure, err on the side of less is more. You can always add more layers later if you want!
Start With The Thinnest Pieces First
Once you've chosen your jewelry, it's time to start layering! We recommend starting with the thinnest pieces first and working your way up to the thicker ones. This will create a nice gradient effect that's both visually interesting and easy to wear. It also allows you to mix and match different textures and finishes without looking overdone.
Pay Attention To Lengths
When you're layering necklaces, it's important to pay attention to the lengths of the chains. Different lengths will create different looks, so it's important to choose wisely! A good rule of thumb is to put the longest necklace in the back and the shortest in the front. This will help create a balanced look that won't feel too heavy.
Mix and Match Metals For a Unique Look
Jewelry trends are always changing, and one of the hottest trends right now is mixing and matching different metals. This can create a unique and stylish look that is perfect for any outfit. Silver, gold, and rose gold are all popular choices, and you can mix and match them in any combination you like. For example, you could pair a silver necklace with gold earrings, or a rose gold bracelet with silver rings. You can also experiment with different textures and finishes to add even more interest to your look. For example, try pairing a matte silver necklace with a glossy gold bracelet. The possibilities are endless! So if you're looking for a way to add some personality to your jewelry collection, mix and match metals for a unique and trendy look.
How do you mix metals without looking like a hot mess?
- Start with one metal as your base. choose a metal that you feel most comfortable wearing, and build your jewelry outfit around it. For example, if you're starting with gold, pair it with other warm-toned metals like copper or brass.
- Add in second and third metals sparingly. Once you have your base metal chosen, you can start to mix in other metals. However, be sure to keep it balanced - too much of one metal will look overdone. For example, if you're wearing a gold necklace, pair it with Silver earrings instead of another gold piece.
- Experiment with different textures. In addition to playing with different colors, you can also experiment with different textures to add interest. Try pairing a smooth piece of jewelry with a rougher one, or vice versa. For example, pair a hammered silver bracelet with a smooth gold ring.
- Have fun! Ultimately, the best way to mix metals is to experiment and have fun with it. There are no hard and fast rules - mix and match until you find a combination that you love!
Layered Bangles and Cuffs
- One of the hottest jewelry trends is layering bangles and cuffs. This trend is all about mixing and matching different styles, textures, and colors to create a unique and personal look. Here are some tips for how to rock this trend:
- Start with a base layer of simple, solid-colored bangles. You can choose metal bracelets in silver, gold, or rose gold, or go for something more playful with colorful beaded bracelets. Then, add on a few statement pieces, like chunky cuffs or charm bracelets. Mix and match until you find a combination that you love.
- Not sure where to start? Try pairing a delicate gold bangle with a leather cuff studded with crystals. Or go for an edgy vibe with stacked metal bangles in different shades of silver. For a more bohemian look, mix wood bracelets with beaded ones in earthy tones. The possibilities are endless!
- So go ahead and experiment with this trend - have fun mixing and matching different pieces until you find your perfect layered look.
2023 is almost here, which means it's time to start thinking about your jewelry game. The good news is that these trends are all about big, bold statement pieces. So if you've been holding back on going overboard with your jewelry, now is the time to let loose. More is definitely more when it comes to 2023 fashion, so don't be afraid to pile on the rings, bracelets, and necklaces. And if you really want to make a statement, go for a daring pair of earrings. No matter how you decide to accessorize, just have fun with it and enjoy experimenting with new styles.